There is so much goodness in this little dip! In addition to garlic (antimicrobial) and turmeric (a powerful anti-inflammatory), this guacamole also contains slippery elm powder, which is made from the inside bark of the slippery elm tree. It’s broken down by gut bacteria and has a soothing effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Wonderful for reflux, diarrhea, ulcers and IBS and loaded with magnesium, iron zinc and vitamin C and B.
Charlotte Carr’s passion is making nutrient-dense food that nourishes, heals and helps her little man thrive. Her focus is on real food made with oodles of love. Share your creations with her via Facebook, Instagram and her website.
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric, freshly grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½-1 tsp slippery elm powder
- the juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove pip from avocado. Scoop out avocado, place in bowl and smash up with all ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
NOTE: If you can tolerate it, some fresh chilli on top is delicious too.