Stuffed butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 of a large butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced finely
- 1 zucchini, diced finely
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup savoury yeast flakes (nutritional flakes)
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
Garlic Lemon Cream
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- juice of one lemon
- salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 220°C, and prick the pumpkin lightly with a fork. Lay, flesh side down on the baking tray and cook for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Saute the onions and zucchini in the coconut oil, until soft, then add the finely chopped broccoli florets and combine. Cook for a few more minutes, then set aside.
- When the pumpkin is cool enough to touch, gently scoop out the flesh, being careful not to pierce the skin, and put into a bowl. Mix the pumpkin, onion, zucchini and broccoli together well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the shredded coconut, almond meal, savoury yeast and bread crumbs together. Spoon the mixed vegies into the pumpkin skin and top with the crumb mix. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- To make the sauce blend or process the cashews, garlic, lemon and salt together, adding water if you want a thinner consistency. Serve immediately, drizzled with the sauce. Top with extra coconut oil, coriander and pomegranate seeds or goji berries for colour and tang.